I’m 21 now, today is Thanksgiving, so here are 21 things I am thankful for:
1. My family. Especially my parents. This is going to be cliche, but I wouldn’t be the same person today without them and I love them a whole lot.
2. My household, Rosa Mystica. I love these girls with my whole heart. They bring me deeper and deeper into love of Our Lady and Our Lord and I am so grateful.
3. My 2013 Totus Tuus Team. Obviously the summer was 4 months ago but we all keep in touch with each other, and I am STILL learning from these beautiful people.
4. Mama Mary. For nothing I have done, she loves me and brings me to her Son. The more I learn about her, the more I love her. She is the very model of femininity.
5. The Eucharist. My source and summit, need I say more?
6. Truth. I’ve recently learned the beauty and power of speaking words of truth – particularly from Scripture.
7. Baking. I love everything about it – shopping for it, baking it, smelling it, eating it…
8. Franciscan University. This place has and continues to shape me every day that I am there.
9. The smell of roses. These are one of my favorite flowers (and not just because I’m in Rosa Mystica) and not much smells better than their scent.
10. Beautiful sunsets. These are nothing else but gifts from the Lord.
11. My semester abroad studying in Austria. It was beautiful, it was challenging, but most of all I grew as a person and grew closer to the Lord.
12. God’s love. I don’t deserve it, but it is lavished upon me every day of my life.
13. Music. Specifically Josh Garrels.
14. Inner peace. The Lord’s given it to me this year and I won’t trade it.
15. Snow. There’s not much better than watching the snow fall softly down with a cup of hot chocolate in my hand.
16. Being taken care of. I’ve never been without food, shelter, clothing… I have SO much to be grateful for.
17. Otis the elevator that takes me up to 4th floor Tommy.
18. Priests. They sacrifice more than we know to give us what we need – spiritual life.
19. Adventure. This makes me feel most alive. My most recent adventure: taking on New York City two weeks ago.
20. Babies. Having a baby nephew to come home on breaks to is perfect.
21. Beauty. It’s all around me if I open my eyes.